We want the NSW government to assist with the REFORM of commercial fishing to deliver an efficient, profitable and sustainable industry valued and respected by the community.
- Support funding for the dignified retirement of excess fishing effort.
- Negotiate for the removal of inefficient or unsustainable fishing methods, with fair compensation.
- Work with the commercial fishing industry to optimise the social and community benefits derived from sustainable fishing in every area of the state.
- Contribute to funding the reallocation of resources and access between all fishing sectors with fair compensation.
- Work with commercial fishers to better promote the health and wellbeing benefits of eating fresh fish.