We want the NSW government to REVITALISE recreational fishing in NSW, to make it a premier recreational fishing destination and promote the health and well-being benefits of fishing for communities and families.
Why the RFA made this a priority:
- Promote recreational fishing in NSW through Statewide fishing days
- Promote NSW as a premier tourist destination through the establishment of fishing trails in
the salt and freshwater.
How the RFA hopes the Government will implement the priority:
- The RFA is hopeful of working with the NSW Government on the already promised “ Family
- The RFA, through its position on the NSW Holiday Trust Reserve Board and with the help of
NSWDPI can establish and promote a series of fishing “trails” in NSW. Think of the Barra and
Bass Trail in SE QLD.
- Through the establishment and support of an RFA Executive Officer to work with NSW DPI
and the NSW Government to deliver this priority.